I prefer Google+ over Facebook for sharing because
- paradoxically I trust Google?s privacy commitment more than Facebook
- Google let?s me take my connections with me when I leave
- per post privacy options
But I realize that Facebook has 600 million users and so much better reach.
Here?s a tip for updating your Facebook status from Google+
- go to http://www.facebook.com/mobile/ and copy your personalized upload email address
- When sharing on Google Plus add that email address in the +add more people box.
- You can create a circle with just email addresses of ?update via email? services. Add that circle to any update you want shared on other services. My circle is called Statuses.
The update is limited to the first 45 characters and shows as ?via Email?. I?ll update this post when I find a better way to do this.