The following jobs are within the Costume Department.
- Costume Designer
- Assistant Costume Designer
- Costume Supervisor / Wardrobe Supervisor
- Costume Co-ordinator
- Costume Buyer
- Standby Costume / Standby Wardrobe
- Costume – Casual
- Wardrobe Assistant
- Specialist Costume manufacture
In Australian A-Z Budget – Feature Films these roles are in section C.8 Costume Crew.
Job titles tend to use Costume / Wardrobe interchangeably.
Costume Department is Below-The-Line. The-Line is said to differentiate the team responsible for the creative control of a motion picture from the technicians and crafts-people who make the film. More accurately Above-The-Line people are attached during the Development phase of a production while Below-The-Line people are hired once the financing is in place and Preproduction phase begins. Costume, Art and Makeup departments are creative, but they still fall Below-The-Line.
Costume Department is considered Labour by unions such as MEAA so their minimum rates of pay are defined in the standard industrial agreements for each production sector.
- Story & Script
- Production Management
- Production Accountancy
- Assistant Directors & Script Supervision
- Camera Department
- Sound Department
- Lighting Department
- Grip Department
- Costume Department
- Make-up Department
- Hairdressing Department
- Art Department
- Action Vehicles Department
- Livestock Department
- Construction Department
- Special Effects & Armoury Department
- Visual Effects & Animation Department
- Occupational Health & Safety Department
- Tuition & Technical Advisers
- Post Production Crew
- Publicity & Stills