I once used a series of scripts to manage various twitter accounts and campaigns on behalf of clients.
This is professional software that costs money (currently starts at $55) but you can try the demo first. If runs on your local machine (Mac, PC or Linux).
Why would I pay for professional twitter automation software like TweetAdder, especially if I had tools that did it for free? Because it saves me time and money. The TweetAdder developers maintain it whenever Twitter makes a change. That means my down time is the shortest possible. One of my key old scripts stopped working for 4 weeks until I had a chance to debug it. That doesn’t happen with professional software.
If you receive a DM on twitter “This made me laugh so hard when i saw this about you lol” it’s a phishing scam to get your twitter login details. Your account will then send that or similar DM’s on to your friends. Don’t fall for this email hoax and login to twitter via the link, it’s a fake site.
Why are so many of my twitter friends caught out by this scam? The scam is most effective against users on mobile devices like smart-phones. It’s hard to read the misspelled URL that looks like twitter’s.
As this attack matures, the exact phrase used will change. The way to be safe on a mobile device is
I prefer Google+ over Facebook for sharing because
- paradoxically I trust Google’s privacy commitment more than Facebook
- Google let’s me take my connections with me when I leave
- per post privacy options
But I realize that Facebook has 600 million users and so much better reach.
Here’s a tip for updating your Facebook status from Google+
- go to http://www.facebook.com/mobile/ and copy your personalized upload email address
- When sharing on Google Plus add that email address in the +add more people box.
- You can create a circle with just email addresses of “update via email” services. Add that circle to any update you want shared on other services. My circle is called Statuses.
- Marty Zwilling (@StartupPro) on what entrepreneurs can learn from 'So You Think You Can Dance.' http://t.co/Ktb9Mrr via @huffingtonpost #
- I need to come up with a brand of junior sports training academy. Inclusive of beginners and elite athletes #
- According to @Klout, @paulzag's Klout score is 30. How influential are you? http://t.co/75jI3z8 #
- I just connected my @klout account with @Tumblr. Be one of the first to have @Tumblr added to your @klout! http://t.co/L9BbF7y #
- Well @jomarreyes I am not surprised that you out-klout me. Funny thing is I think I joined Klout ages ago and forgot about it in reply to jomarreyes #
- RT @AmerigoChattin Top 50 Films of the 2000s: http://t.co/qvPbXA6 #topfilms2000s #amerigo <- Too much emphasis on "popular" but good start #
- Used Tweepi's Flush 2 unfollow 229 tweeps weren't followback. http://tweepi.com/?m you don't have 2 followback but you must b interesting #
- Good morning tweeps! What's up? #
- so @Gift_of_Gabz lost her #blackberry on a bus and I'm told it can't be traced. Really? Its got GPS & IMEI, why not? #
- Oo! Oo! An old site I haven't touched in 3 years gets about $100 pa in adsense revenue got $6 yesterday. It feels like it won a lottery :} #
- 4 easy copywriting secrets guaranteed to build more links http://t.co/9cHcjtu #
- I'm loving the One Page Twitter Dashboard from @TwitSprout. Get early access! http://t.co/SbV14D6 #
- Life in the Glass Pricing House: http://t.co/XSHZcqG Starts discussion to connect value to price #
- if you haven't received a Google+ invitation and want one http://t.co/pVMQIis #
- @MiriamSleiman my site is actually http://t.co/FAhR6CD in reply to MiriamSleiman #
- @carlogs Are you working on something to allow car-to-car comms? #scifi in reply to carlogs #
- I want an ipod2 how much? #spambait #
- @carlogs neat app carlo. Are you behind it? in reply to carlogs #
- Registered some domains as a prelude to some new publishing efforts #
Powered by Twitter Tools
- Again repeat after me "My birthday is not a financial secret" http://t.co/RKR85N6 Institutions Cause Identity Theft #
- @SimonHampel thanks for the RT, I am (irrationally?) steamed by this issue. #
- I'm one of the first in line for the "One Page Twitter Dashboard" from #TwitSprout http://t.co/SbV14D6 via @TwitSprout I'll let you know #
- What a day of busy-ness, but not a lot achieved. Hopefully tomorrow will be better #
Powered by Twitter Tools
I’ve got Google Plus Invites here for free. You do not need to have a gmail address to use Google Plus, but you will need to create a Google account for the email address you use.
To get an invitation, just comment below with the email address you want the invitation for and I’ll invite you. In the comment tell me how you found this page – if via a search, what were the search terms?
I’d appreciate a like, +1 or tweet to the ZagZ.com home page afterwards. Extra karma for googling Zagz.com and clicking the +1 there too.